Thursday, December 23, 2010

Eve of Christmas Eve. (:

It is high time for a new post, I should say. I know at least certain people (cough, cough) would agree.

So... Christmastime. What a difficult season to sum up. The craziness has almost become a way of life - except for I don't seem to ever get used to it.

Right now, I am in the midst of wrapping about a million-and-a-half last-minute Christmas gifts, so they will be ready to unwrap tomorrow when I get home from school. Things around here are finally beginning to slow down, as the kids' wrapping projects are nearly finished now, thank goodness. Two-and-a-half-year-olds with scissors and tape is slightly terrifying - definitely don't try it at home. Ha!

Lately, I've hecka been missing being home all the time. When I started going to school, I was super excited that I wouldn't have to be home all day, every day, because it sometimes gets so mundane, you know? But...after a while, school gets pretty mundane too, and I start wishing I was home again. Ahhhh well, the grass is always greener, eh? Such is life. But especially this time of year, my absolute favorite thing is being with my family, at home, hanging out and doing our little Christmas-ey things that we do every year. And it seriously is so lame not being able to do that. The fact that I don't even have time to decorate Christmas cookies with my mamma irritates me beyond even what I would believe sometimes, haha. It's really... stupid. But, it's what I signed up for. I guess even I didn't know what I was getting into. And honestly, compared to what other people are going through during this Christmas season, that I keep hearing about, I've got it pretty good. I mean, yeah, I'd like to be home more, but hey - I actually have two parents, at least. And four grandparents. And a buttload of cousins. I guess even when I'm bummed out, if I take the time to think about it, even a little bit, I'm pretty dang blessed. (: The Lord is good! He has given me so much more than I deserve.

"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy endures forever!"

Praise the Lord for sending His Son to die for our sins, to save us from death, to bring us into marvelous light. For giving us life; a reason to live. He is life. I can't even explain how much I love Him for that. ♥

And now, I retreat to bed, for it is late, and tomorrow shall come quicker than I should like. Good night, my loves, and merry Christmas, for I doubt I shall post again before that. (:

PEACE. ♥

1 comment:

musiker said...

So refreshing to get on here and not be greeted by "December = Christmas Music." :) It was beginning to get kinda depressing :)